{% text "preview_text" label="Preview Text This will be used as the preview text that displays in some email clients", value="", no_wrapper=True %}


linkedin facebook twitter instagram

Under the hood of a digital vaccine pass

The California Department of Technology last week announced it’s published the code for the Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record program in hopes that other states’ IT and public health teams adopt and improve the service. The department published the source code for the program, which is used to store residents’ coronavirus vaccination statuses, on the online code repository GitHub. “Any other state that is interested in deploying a digital vaccine record system should be able to use our free code to connect their own immunization registry back end and launch a similar portal to California’s,” said Rick Klau, the state's chief technology innovation officer. Benjamin Freed reports.

A Message From AWS Educate

With over 1,500 institutions and hundreds of thousands of students who use AWS Educate, we wanted to take you on a trip around the world and highlight how students are learning and innovating with the cloud. Learn more.

Miami to the moon?

Miami city commissioners on Monday voted to allow the city to accept millions of dollars in funding from a new partnership with a cryptocurrency nonprofit. City officials can now dip into a digital wallet that has at least $4.3 million worth of a new cryptocurrency, called MiamiCoin. Every time a MiamiCoin is mined, the city receives 30% of its value, while the miner retains the remaining 70%. The coins could supposedly be used to fund infrastructure, education or public safety projects, while Francis Suarez, Miami's bitcoin-mad mayor, said the project "is an indication of how Miami is viewed in the crypto community." Ryan Johnston has details.

Update your Apple stuff. Now.

Apple released a patch Monday against two security vulnerabilities, one of which the Israeli surveillance company NSO Group has exploited, according to researchers. The updated iOS software patches against a zero-click exploit that uses iMessage to launch malicious code, which in turn allows NSO Group clients to infiltrate targets — including the phone of a Saudi activist in March, researchers at the University of Toronto's Citizen Lab said. CyberScoop's Tonya Riley has more.

Want more? Catch our events for all things workforce!
{% widget_block rich_text 'unsubscribe' label='Unsubscribe' overridable=true no_wrapper=true %} {% widget_attribute 'html' %} Copyright (c) 2019 WorkScoop, All rights reserved.

{{ site_settings.company_name }}
{{ site_settings.company_street_address_1 }}
{{ site_settings.company_city }} {{ site_settings.company_state }} 20036

Update your email preferences
Unsubscribe {% end_widget_attribute %} {% end_widget_block %} {# {% widget_block rich_text 'unsubscribe' label='Unsubscribe' overridable=true no_wrapper=true %} {% widget_attribute 'html' %} You received this email because you are subscribed to {{ subscription_name }} from {{site_settings.company_name}}. If you prefer not to receive emails from {{site_settings.company_name}} you may unsubscribe or set your email preferences. {% end_widget_attribute %} {% end_widget_block %} #}